Monday, February 24, 2014

Pitch Dark Day Tour: Brentwood, TN

I had the privilege of attending the pitch dark days tour! This tour featured four amazing authors: Veronica Rossi, Tahereh Mafi, Sophie Jordan, and Kiersten White. When the Bentwood, TN tour stop was announced, I SCREAMED. Because All these authors are so unbelievably amazing.



So, on the 20th, I arrived at the bookstore with my best friend, and met up with another one of her friends. The chairs hadn't been set up yet, but once they were, we snagged some pretty nice seats. What followed was an amazing Q&A panel. The weirdest question? What color are you toenails. I wanted SO BADLY to pick up a *book shimmy* tote, but I wasn't picked to ask a question. Which is disappointing, but I can live with it. Still, I had such a great time, and I laughed a lot. PLUS, Mafi gave a shout-out to Stars Hollow (from Gilmore Girls), which made me squee!




After that, we waited a ridiculous amount of time to get books signed (Mafi's line was particularly long). But, so long as we were inside the store, we were safe from the storm that was brewing outside. If you follow any of the authors on twitter, you know that it was quite a stormy night! We had a tornado warning, and we were all advised to stay inside the store. Which I didn't mind. If I'm going to get stuck in a store, a bookstore is a great place to be.





There was also a sweet bonus: Ransom Riggs was in the audience, as were Stephanie Perkins and Beth Revis. I got the final Across the Universe book signed (since when I met her, the last book hadn't been released). And Stephanie looked as adorable as ever (even if I don't have picture proof)! I can't believe Perkins and Revis drove all the way from Asheville, and then traveled BACK in the storm. You girls rock. I also got to gush to Victoria Schwab about how much I loved The Unbound (seriously, read it!)


All in all, it was such a fun night! Thank you to Harper Collins and Epic Reads for sending the Pitch Dark Tour to TN!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! You met so many authors! Being stuck in a bookstore with them doesn't sound bad at all. I wish I would have been able to take pictures and chat with the authors, but we weren't allowed at our stop >.< But, anyway, I had so much fun at the event and it looks like you did too!

    ReplyDelete