Wednesday, August 7, 2013

An apology, a confession, and a question (I'M BACK)

My name is Cassie and I've been a horrible blogger.

--but I swear, I have good excuses!

These past weeks (and months) have been consumed by work, summer class, and writing. I also took a trip to Maryland, NYC, and DC. Sadly, those did not involve any awesome book-related excisions (it just wasn't meant to happen), but I had a great time. Like I mentioned, I've also been focusing on my writing. I've never talked about 

I also recently participated in the first five pages workshop. Care to read what I'm writing? Click HERE. I hope to update you guys more about my writing, because it's a big part of me now. And this book has been on my heart and mind since March. It's a book that I need to write, even if it never sees the light of day. Of course, I would love to be published! I have a full time job, but that doesn't mean I don't dream of actually seeing my book on a shelf. 

My question to my followers (if I haven't lost any already): how do you manage to balance reading and writing? With such a massive TBR list, I've come to realize that I get TBR guilt every time I start writing. And when I write, I go through waves when I feel like I desperately need to write. I hope I'm not the only one. It's not likely that I'll give up either reading or writing (they're interconnected and such a huge part of my life). My issue is finding balance. How do you, bloggers out there, find time to write, read, and blog. 

SO. What does this mean for Citrus Reads? I'm officially back, but I don't plan to be posting like I did before. I'll be posting one book review each week, and a second post either writing or book related. We'll see how things go once I start classes again at the end of the month. Oh, and check out my latest review HERE. It's for Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. 

1 comment:

  1. I give myself two dedicated hours a night to writing and then two hours for blogging. Course I'm rarely too strict about it, but it does keep the guilt minimal.

    ReplyDelete