Thursday, November 22, 2012

Five Books & Authors I Am Thankful For


HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I hope you all are having a good one. To celebrate, I've decided to do a post on Books and Authors I am thankful for.

In no particular order...



Stephanie Perkins
She writes books that make me smile, giggle, and swoon. Her books just make my day that much brighter. So thank you, Stephanie, for making me smile.

Throne of Glass & Sarah J. Maas
I was a fictionpress reader. Sarah's journey has taught me that dreams can come true. Sure, publishing has it's ups and downs, but if it's what you want, it's a dream worth pursuing. So thank you, Sarah, for inspiring me.
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
This book, believe it or not, really got me into YA. I remember hearing good things about the book, so I picked it up at my local B&N. I started reading, and was hooked. Ten minutes later, I was in the check-out line. I love this series to death, so thank you Suzanne, for introducing me to a wonderful new world of books. 
Ruta Sepetys
Ruta is extremely talented. She writes YA historical, which isn't a popular genre. But believe me when I say that Ruta's books are powerful. She writes about life and death with such an honest voice. No sugar coating. So thank you, Ruta, for touching my soul and writing the truth.
Jane Austen
I remember reading Pride and Prejudice, and struggling with the language. Still, I loved the challenge and I savored each moment. When I came to FINIS, I knew I was a reader for life. Thank you, Jane Austen, for introducing me to timeless classics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment