Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pushing the Limits Book Launch RECAP

So, as you all know, I went to the Book Launch for Katie McGarry's Pushing the Limits on July 31st. It was...amazing and definitely worth the drive.

Carmichael's is actually a fairly small indie store, barely enough to fit all the people that were there! There were other local authors there, supporting Katie (including Bethany Griffin and Kelly Creagh). Unfortuantely, I didn't meet them or bring books for them to sign since, well, I DIDN'T KNOW THEY WOULD BE THERE! Still, it was pretty cool to see authors supporting authors.

And Katie...

She's super funny and down-to-earth. She told us what inspired her to write Pushing the Limits, took some questions, and read three passages from the book. Below is a video of her reading one of my favorite passages!




Then the signing commenced.

The line was long, but Katie took the time to talk to each and every person that was there. I told her how much I enjoyed her book (having read the e-arc) and she was so gracious and grateful. With an awesome personality and an awesome talent, there's no doubt she's quickly become one of my favorite authors. I'm really looking forward to her next book, Dare You To, which is the companion novel to Pushing the Limits. It follows Beth's story.

1 comment:

  1. I have never been to a book signing :(
    Thanks for the video!
    I haven't read Pushing the limits but everyone seems to absolutely LOVE it. Cant wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete